Monday, May 14, 2018

Happiness is a Choice!

Are you a happy soul?
You are definitely not one if you are scrolling down to read the rest of the post.
A person is happy or elated when everything in his life is going according to his wishes and a person is sad or depressed when he is going through a rough patch of life.This is typically how majority of the people lead their lives.

"If you are finding happiness in nothing/little things you have then you are a happy soul."

I've read the above quote somewhere and wondered how on earth is it possible for someone to live like that.
But the incident which I am going to narrate to you all has proven me completely wrong. (because, sometimes we need a knock on our head to get back to our senses).
This incident has happened a few months  ago when I've encountered a deaf/mute person on a public transport. It was one of those tiring journeys back home after a long day of training on languages which I haven't had a slightest idea earlier. My daily routine during those days was to take a bus at 6:30 AM to  reach my workplace around 7:30 and after the training I'd again take a bus at 5:30 in the evening to go home and rest. The assignments, presentations, assessments and learning some alien languages was an arduous task altogether. Some days were good, but some were really depressing.
So after an uneventful day at work, on my way back home I've come across a guy in the bus who was making some weird gestures to the conductor. After a few seconds I realised that the person was deaf and mute and I felt pity for him. I travelled with him for the next 45 minutes in the same bus and not for a moment I've seen his face lose  smile. I then thought, that he might have had a good day at work unlike me.He spent most of the travelling time on a video call, enjoying and laughing with his friend on the other side. I wondered how technology is a blessing.
I saw him for the second day with the same excitement and enthusiasm. I then saw him for the third day in a row and there was no change in him, no drop in his energy levels.
For the next one week, I sometimes waited for him to come to the stop and then got into the same bus along with him.I keenly  observed him(he was with same high spirits and liveliness) for a week and I felt pity on myself for having everything in life which he didn't have, but still cribbing and whining for something. Never during those 7 days of travel with him, I've seen him in a bad mood. A man who is a daily wage worker, who can't speak or hear is absolutely jubilant. That's when I discovered that, it is your choice and ONLY YOUR CHOICE to be happy or sad.
Good and bad are part and parcel of life and neither of them is constant.
One should find happiness in what he/she has and that is when you become a happy soul!

Everything in life happens for a reason. Every experience, whether good or bad gives you 2 ways.
1.To learn what it teaches and move ahead.
2.To keep on complaining about what bad has happened.
It's your choice as to which side you want to dive.

I've chosen to count on my blessings, learn from the experiences and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment